Monday 22 March 2010

A Comeback Of Sorts

It feels like I havent been around here for months. In reality I think it has actually been about ten days or so but it feels much, much longer. I have been so busy though. I havent even had a chance to come and read anything, let alone post anything, so I thought I would make up for it today.

The holiday is coming together nicely. New Zealand is in, Melbourne is cut shorter. We have started saving and putting in extra in the gym. Well I say we, Jay hates the gym so mainly it is me. It is a year away, but I want to start packing and getting things ready. I am sooo excited. We also decided on where to go this year. Once again it ended up being somewhere we hadnt planned on, so we are off to Kenya for two weeks in July. I can't wait for that either. We are going to do a safari in this enormous widlife sanctuary thing. Lions and tigers and.... elephants? Oh my!

We went to watch Alice In Wonderland last week. Not really sure how I felt about it though to be honest. I enjoyed it, but it was perhaps a bit too Burtonesque. And Johnny Depp was weird in it. Do they know how to make movies without each other? Some bits of it though were fantastic. I think one of the reasons I didnt get into it so much was because the cinema was packed out and we were stuck right down the front, staring up at the screen throughout the whole thing, with these massive glasses on. The 3D-ness could have been better too. Oh, I think I am just being a moaner now!

I had a whole weekend off this past weekend which was brilliant. Jay and I went out on Saturday, ended up drinking several bottles of wine and getting really drunk. We havent had a chance to do that for so long and it was really nice just sitting in the bar talking and getting tipsy. We went afterwards and got two of the biggest pizza's I have ever seen. Jay ate his and then half of mine. For someone so slim, I dont know anyone who can eat as much as him. It makes me sick.

I think I am going to start decorating this week. Well, I still have my cast on so I don't know how much I will be able to do, but I feel like the apartment needs brightening up, so I think I will give the place a lick of paint and maybe go get some new cushions and stuff. Ooh how gay.

Well that's it for today. I am waffling and it is boring.

Ry

6 comments:

  1. The journeys you have planned sound amazing! I'm very happy for you!
    (AKA jealous of you)...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating and making the place feel like home! You don't know how much of a difference putting up a coat of paint or hanging a picture up makes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh!!! FFS!!! THERE ARE NO TIGERS IN AFRICA!!!!!! I'm sorry, I have OCD about that, lions and leopards in Africa, Tigers in India!! Anyway, the whole holiday shit sounds ace. Good luck with that n all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you want to chill out and take some medication before you run your mouth. Its a saying. A well known one. From a film. You might want to think about not being such an arse with things that in the grand scheme of things, really dont matter.

    And FYI, they have tigers at the reserve. 7 as of 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And moving on...

    Sounds great mate, love decorating..., hope that goes well. Cool that you are making it to NZ, as much as I bitch about it, it really is a cool little place. Shame you are going to Auckland though, as it is pretty much like a mini Sydney. If you were coming to Wellington, I would have been able to show you around some..., oh well. You should still have a great time though.

    Kenya sounds like it could be a lot of fun too. Would really love to have a look around the Africas at some point myself..., except for the heat maybe... hahahahaha. Have never been one for that kinda carry on. Still I hope you do have a good time, nothing like hanging out with big cats!

    Hugs, Courage, and Honour!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya, as an African I feel I need to explain. Its just a little frustrating to have to always correct people when they come to your country looking for Tigers, Black Panthers and the likes. That's the only reason we get a bit excited. In an entirely other matter, you should rather come down to South Africa. Its much nicer, better animal spotting, and there are actual gay people here!! Also there is some sort of sports event on in June, people here are going crazy for it, not sure what it is though...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete