Thursday 23 June 2011

Forgive Me Readers, For I Have Sinned

It has been 8 months sinse my last blog update.

I sort of feel like I need a reintroduction. It has been so long sinse I last blogged that people have probably either forgotten who I am and what this blog is about or have plain just abandoned following it alltogether. This will pretty much be a small post to dip my toes back in the water and then more will come again if anyone still reads.

For those of you who are new to the blog or have forgotten me (I shall try not to cry) it all started out detailing my single life in the city and then sort of documented my meeting and falling in love with Jay, eventually moving in together and whatnot. For those who have stuck around, Jay and I are still together and very happy. It's been over 18 months now and it's all great. I am still in the force too and hoping for a promotion to Sgt sometime soon.

The world trip we had planned got cancelled because the agency went bust, but luckily we were able to get all of our money back and we rebooked. We were due to be leaving in about 2 weeks, but we took the opportunity of the cancellation to rebook for an earlier date and so we went in March and got back about a week ago. I shall talk loads about it in later posts and bore you all with hundreds of pictures. We ended up cutting Europe out completely and will do that at a later date and so we only ended up going to Agra, Singapore, Bangkok, Tokyo, Phuket, Sydney, Melbourne, Aukland, Fiji, Chile, Los Angeles and New York. I say 'only' like we were losing out, but I just mean that it was cut down considerably from the amount of places originally planned. We were lucky to catch some amazing weather though. It was absolutely amazing and we met some fantastic people along the way too which is a bonus. I also managed to get through the whole thing with only one minor injury too, which is sort of a miracle. If you have read my blog in the past you will know how injury prone I am.

Today I am back to work. It is going to be sooooo weird. Its currently just past 2am and I start at 4. I've been keeping the lads at the station updated though so it's not like I was totally isolated from everyone I work with for the whole time. It felt awesome to put my uniform on again tonight though. I can't wait to get back on the job.

Jay as fast asleep in bed at the moment. I had some extra time before my shift and it dawned on me that I havent updated this thing for a while. Anyway, I will leave you with a picture of my back in Fiji. I'm not trying to be mysterious or anything, it was just the first photo in the folder on my computer and I hate having a blog post with no picture.


Until next time guys :)

(and I promise it will be this week, not in 8 months. I'll also sort the white void at the top of the page out)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK to the blog world!
    Your trip sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear the details...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are back. I was hoping you would clue us in on what's happening but the main thing is you are OK and doing well with your BF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so unexpected! I just randomly decided to check your blog to see if you had ever returned, and you had! I'm glad you're still with Jay and had a fun world-trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your site! I'm currently on a world trip myself. Curious how long you were gone for? Hope you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete