Tuesday 27 April 2010

The Big 5 0

Woohoo my 50th blog post. The first one seems like a million ago. Probably because the time between posts seems to be getting bigger but I have been a busy boy of late. i feel I should mark this post with something special, but nothing is coming to mind. Any ideas? Let me know if there is anything you want to see in the next blog and I will get too it. I am counting on your imaginations being more inventive than mine here. We can't all be stupid together.

So what have I been upto? Hmm, well I have just completed three days working at BBC Northwest. I was kind of just there for show really, but it was wicked fun. A colleague and myself were asked to go to act as advisors for a new show being filmed. The guy I was with did all the advising, while I went star hunting. They were a great bunch of people though, and a very random experience was had, but it was a good few days.



So who is watching Glee at the moment? That Madonna episode was pretty brilliant wasnt it? Loved Sue doing Vogue. And Of Course Doctor Who is back on as well. Matt Smith is the best Doctor since Patrick Troughton. All this tv is tunring me into a couch potato.

Jay and I have booked some tickets to go and see Paloma Faith next month. Have I told you all this already? Well anyways, we havem and I can't wait. Her album, if you haven't heard it already, is fantastic. Go download it. This guy demands it:



I chose this guy because he weirdly looks a lot like Jay, except Jay has lighter hair and less of a tan :D

I have arranged to go back to my rugby training the week after next. After all the injuries and downtime I think half of the guys have forgotten who I am, but it will be great to get back to the game. Since the car crash and the first wrist break, I have got a lot of catching up to do. Jay is winding me up saying I am getting a podgy belly so I have to get back to full training on the pitch and in the gym. He is just bitter because I am making him flabby though.

I don't know what's wrong with me lately but I can't stop baking cakes. In a manly way of course :P But yea, I am feeding him up with treats and that's never good. I will end up on a documentary if this keeps up, about people who feed their partners. I'm not trying to make him fat obviously, and he is still a skinny little runt, but I wouldnt care how he looked. Come on, big awww!!

We are off to see Kick Ass tomorrow. Have any of you seen it? Is it any good? I can't say I am particularly fussed, but Jay is dead excited to see it. We went to watch Clash Of The Titans last week, and that was pretty good. It was a bit slow in parts, but overall pretty good. And who can moan at Sam Worthington and his abs eh?

Right, on that note I am going to bring this one to a close. Jay is doing overtime today and I promised I would have dinner ready for when he comes home. Nothing fancy, just pork chops, carrots and croquettes. If he is lucky he might get some gravy too. Just call me Gordon Ramsey. No, on second thoughts....

Ry

4 comments:

  1. Fiftieth post eh? Not bad at all! I don't even know how many I'm on now...
    But a few things; if you like Paloma Faith you should go to the BBC Radio One's Big Weekend! I think she's playing at that, and there's an absolute shedload of amazing bands at it! I can't go cos I have an exam the Monday after :(
    Matt Smith is ace!! I missed Glee last night cos I was auditioning for Skins in London and I didn't get back till like... 10.30?
    And Kick-Ass is SO amazing! (Even if the star is only three years older than me, has a kid on the way, and is married to a forty-two year old... I'm not judging :S) Just make sure you avoid seeing 'It's a Wonderful Afterlife' I saw it by accident on Saturday, and it is the most god awful film I have ever seen! And racist too!! Seriously, if they made a film about white people that made pretty much all of the ethnic minorities look like idiots and villains, it'd get shot down in a second, but somehow it works the other way around?!?!
    Anyway, I'm gonna stop now before I wind myself up too much... have fun with Paloma!
    Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 50th post. They start to add up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 50th. May you reach the 500th soon...
    I'm not really watching Glee unless I run into it by chance and there is no good film to watch on another channel...
    I liked 'kick-ass' a lot. I didn't know what to expect, but I enjoyed it very much...
    Take care.
    Nikitas

    ReplyDelete