Sunday 16 May 2010

Detoxing With A Sore Arse

Sunday mornings. No matter how much I try, I can never have a lie in. I think I am so used to waking up early that I subconciously just wake myself up. This morning I was awake at 7.15. It wouldnt be so bad, but there is nothing on the tv, nothing to do, and I couldnt wake Jay for love nor money. He is up now though and making a full english breakfast for us. You can't moan about that.

So again I have been quiet for a while. Two reasons for this. Firstly, a good friend of mine died and it knocked me for six. It hit me a lot harder than I imagined something like that would and I withdrew within myself for a while. Aswell as that, I have been having issues with my internet, and so had to go without it for nearly two weeks.

I have been really pushing it at the gym for the last few days. I think perhaps I have been releasing some pent up agression or something. I dont know, but I have been doing about 15 hours this week, and I usually do about 8, so I have increased it a lot. On Wednesday, I was overdoing it on the rowing machine, trying to keep besting myself and I ended up sliping off the seat and coming down on the bar that runs along the middle. As a result I have a massive bruise on my butt cheek and a bit of a sore arse. I gues I should just be thankful that I didnt bash my balls.

I have quit drinking alcohol for a while aswell. I never really overdo it with the stuff, and I dont drink that often, but I was just sick of waking up after a heavy night feeling like I had been hit by a bus. I can't deal with hangovers like I used to when I was younger. I think perhaps a month of detox should do the body good.

I am attending my first lebian civil wedding thingy next week. Should be a laugh. My friend Jo (who is absolutely insane) is getting hitched to an American (who is equally as insane). They keep joking that they are going to turn up in suits, but I think (and hope) they will wear something a bit more fem. Women in suits just dont look right. Or is it just me that thinks that? Neither of them are particularly butch, so I hope they dont try making a big statement about it.

Right, it is time for me to go eat. Sausage, eggs, bacon, beans, hash browns, black pudding, toast, mushrooms and tea. Another 5 hours in the gym will be required after this grease fest.

Hope all of y'all are well. I will get some commentage in today on your blogs. Hae a good Sunday all of you.

Ry

10 comments:

  1. The title of this post had my interest - was he druck and had too much sex?

    Butt (no pun intended) a sore butt from rowing - wow - you must hav been pushing it.

    I usually have a drink every other night and my max is usually 2 drinks when I go out - my body can't take it, and it screws my day.


    For me - even on weekends I am up at ^:30 - I just like to be up early and not waste the day.

    Enjoy bfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    I hope you get better soon. The wedding sounds fun...
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss. Also sorry, tho a lil bit less, to hear of your sore arse! Silly Boy! I thought it was only be that misses seats on rowing machines and gets a bruised bottom area, but now I know differently.

    Happy detoxing day! Tho 7.15 is madness for a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend mate..., that kind of thing is never easy. But you do sound you're getting pretty buff! Why can't I find a nice looking copper like you... hahahahaha!

    Don't worry to much about what the girls where mate..., it's the day that counts afterall. Hope you have fun.

    Hugs, Courage and Honour!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss...
    I like your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, The title totally made me think like SteveA! I hope that you and Jay are having a good time together. I'm sorry for your loss Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I beg to differ. You must drink more so that your body adapts. And find that liquor that does your body right.

    Sugary = Hang over. No more AMFs or Long Islands. Try a night of Vodka Soda/Tonic and see how your body does the day after. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about your loss.

    Forgive me for overstepping any boundaries but was your friend Christopher Wilson?

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear this. nice post. great blog. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete